colpach bas meyer sandra 6

Colpach Castle

Colpach Castle dates from the beginning of the 14th century. At the end of the 19th century, the castle became the summer residence of the Hungarian painter Munkácsy and his Luxembourgish wife. The composer Franz Liszt also stayed in Colpach before his death. In 1917, Émile Mayrisch, the Luxembourgish steel industrialist, bought the castle. He and his wife turned the castle into a meeting place for politicians, economists, writers and artists between the two world wars. After 1947, the castle became a convalescent home and today it is vacant.

1/3
Useful information
Location

Rue d’Ell, L-8527 Colpach-Bas
Tél. +352 26 62 38 1
E. info@ell.lu
S. http://www.ell.lu

Services
Visit possible
Guided tour
Guided audio tour
Opening hours

No information available

Partners